Playlist Folder Artwork

So my previous "idea" regarding playlist artwork on mobile devices has been a success! Playlists now show artwork on mobile, as of the new update! (v1.0) This is great, thanks Spotify! (Here's my original idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Show-Playlist-Artwork-on-Mobile/idi-p/578238 )

Now let's take it one step further. I use a ton of playlist folders to organize and group my playlists into genre/type/etc. Currently, they don't have artwork to represent the entire folder. On iOS, they are represented by a generic music note folder icon. I think it would be great if they had artwork as well, so they didn't look so bland in comparison with playlists themselves. Here's a mockup:

spot.jpg

Nice and simple! Now, just combine this idea with the Customization of Playlists idea (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Customization-of-playlists-cover-and-description-box/i... ) and we have a perfect setup for our playlists and folders.

Thanks for looking!

Updated: 2015-04-06

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Update: The idea has been resubmitted again, you can find it here.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

krov7
Casual Listener

This is a great idea. It looks so bland and ugly currently. Can't believe this isn't implemented already

jeremygoh
Community Legend

yes this should be worked on man!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-04-06

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Update: The idea has been resubmitted again, you can find it here.