[Playlist] Shuffle Setting for each Playlist

I've come across other shuffle related ideas, but I haven't found any that match what I would like to see. I'd love the ability for the Shuffle setting to be linked to each playlist instead of globally. For example, when I'm listening at work, I like to have the playlist be random, where Shuffle is set to ON. But when I'm driving home with my son in the car who likes to listen to specific songs in a specific order from a movie soundtrack, I have to turn Shuffle OFF for the whole account to be able to more easily find his songs. Then the next day at work I have to turn it back ON.

If each playlist had it's own Shuffle setting, I could leave Shuffle ON on my playlist, and leave it OFF for his.

Thanks,

Austin

Note: This Ideas has been reposted here.

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-11-20

Marked as new idea.

Grahampheath

This makes complete sense to me. I have to uncheck and restart albums all the time, additionally I have work related playlists that I'd love shuffled.

I've wanted more inteligent shuffle behavior for a while but 50 votes a year might be a high bar for a feature people can't conseve of wanting, but if they had would make implict sense.

syrupcore

Don't let the low votes fool you. This has been requested in various forms for years now—none have received enough votes though. 

I'm sure some people shuffle albums but I imagine the vast majority of users do not. Or at least not intentionally! Attaching shuffle as a local property of the playlist seems the cleanest solution.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Note: This Ideas has been reposted here.

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke