Announcements

Playlist Specific Settings

I'd like the ability to apply settings to specific playlists and not others. The use case is as follows:

I have a playlist of "ambient sounds." It is a collection of several types; crackling fires, trains passing, ocean waves, etc. I play this on shuffle and I enable the cross-fade setting because these sounds are disparatre and an abrupt change ruins the soothing nature of the playlist.

When I switch to music, podcasts or other spoken word, I do not want to use the cross-fade feature because it can cut off important parts of the track.

I'd like to suggest applying the cross-fade setting at a playlist level, rather than the application as a whole. Because other usere may want to apply other setting combinations to their playlists, I would expand the request to all settings or a key set to be applies on a playlist level.

Updated on 2022-09-18

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
Foobar321

Plan

Premium

Country

DE / Germany

Device

Yamaha speakers WX-021 and amp RX-V685

Operating System

Spotify Connect on Yamaha OS

My Question or Issue

When launching Spotify on my Yamaha amp by selecting a scene, the amp or speaker powers up, changes input source to Spotify and starts playing my scene-saved Spotify playlist good after a few seconds. However, it also turns off shuffle at the same time. In other words: if Spotify is launched via Spotify Connect, it always starts with shuffle disabled; it plays the playlist in linear order.

Another example which may show the problem even better: I am listening to Spotify on my smartphone via the Android spotify app and shuffle is turned on (shuffle icon in Spotify is green) good and works. When I selcect the scene for Spotify on my Yamaha speaker or amp, then the Yamaha device powers up, earns the Spotify focus (Spotify starts playing on Yamaha device now) and plays the Spotify playlist that was saved with the scene - but without shuffle mode on. In other words: the scene selection turned off shuffle: I could see that on my phone in the Spotify app: shuffle was green and then turns grey without the dot.
This is annoying because I always hear the same songs when starting Spotify via the Yamaha devices. 

This was different until ~ beginning of year 2022, when Spotify would play the playlist in random order. I have the feeling this goes back to Spotify having changed the shuffle behaviour to linear after Adele complained that the default was to shuffle albums. Now the default is to play albums linear. Obviously, this also applies to all my playlists when using Spotify Connect - which sucks.
Spotify, can you please add an account-wide, user-controllable option to always shuffle when starting to play? To satisfy Adele, you could instead also add a "shuffle" option on playlist-level: the user could make a playlist linear or random by turning off or on a new "shuffle" option for each playlist.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-09-18

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!