Playlist chaining

I always play spotify on my daily commute, which on a good day is 35 minutes but can stretch beyond an hour when it's busy.

It's on those longer commutes that I run into problems as most of my playlists are albums and as such rarely longer than an hour. I play from my phone over bluetooth in the car, so when the playlist ends it ends and I can't restart or select another as legally I'm not allowed to operate my mobile while driving.

Now my idea is to have an additional option with each playlist, allowing you to select which of your playlists it should play once that one finishes. Either choose something else or the same if you want to keep that playlist on repeat.

If you delete a playlist, the chaining for playlist that had that one as next playlist could default to self so it would repeat them.

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

0 Likes
Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Basically it's a new idea but there is a way to achieve this already:
Create playlist folders on the desktop app (File - New Playlist Folder). Those folders will be displayed in the mobile app and if you click to play the folder it will just play every playlist that is inside it. You can also set repeat to the folder.

Also if you'd like to queue a whole playlist check out this idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-to-Anything-to-Queue-on-Long-Press-in-Mobile-App/i...
user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips! Am going to try that 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

"Create playlist folders on the desktop app (File - New Playlist Folder). Those folders will be displayed in the mobile app and if you click to play the folder it will just play every playlist that is inside it. You can also set repeat to the folder."

One problem with that approach. Unless I'm missing something, that plays tracks in alphabetical order and the only sort options are A-Z or Z-A. There seems to be no way to maintain the original order.

This is version 0.6.0.20 on Android 4.1.2 by the way.

Marco
Community Legend

Edit: Ah just understood what you mean:

If you press on "All songs" of the folder it shows all songs of the folder in alphabetical order and not just 1 playlist after another.

Haven't noticed that yet, my bad. I'm afraid then my tip won't work out if you want to play it in the right order.

Maybe you can create another idea to display the folder's song in the playlist order.

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.