Playlist organisation: Grouping/Tagging/Folders

So I have a lot of playlists, probably like almost everybody else. The new Spotify-suggested playlists have really boosted my inventory to the point where I am losing track and have a hard time finding what I want to listen to.

Here's a simple suggestion: Introduce groups, folders or tags as an optional top-level for playlists that can be folded/unfolded. This would allow me to throw all of my indie playlists into one "Indie" folder, my danish music into another and have a third for party playlists. Also, the optionality means that nobody have to choose anything (and I can keep the "Work" playlist that I use all the time on the top level).

I was not able to find any suggestions for this simple functionality (all seems to worry about automatic ordering and what not).

Playlist folders are implemented within Spotify: on the desktop client, go to File -> New Playlist Folder, which yuo can then drag and drop playlists into.

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Playlist folders are implemented within Spotify: on the desktop client, go to File -> New Playlist Folder, which yuo can then drag and drop playlists into.

Casual Listener

So it turns out I'm an idiot 🙂

Thank you very much!