[Playlists] Add new song to the top of the playlist

Imagine you've just added a great new song to your favourite playlist.  The trouble is, every time you start that playlist, you have to listen through all your old stuff before you get to those fresh tracks you just added?

Wouldn't it be great if Spotify gave you the option to automatically add new music to the top of your playlists?  Keeping your music fresh and current. 

If you've ever had to drag songs up from the bottom of your playlists, give this idea some Kudos and let's hope Spotify makes it happen!

Thanks 🙂

This is a repost of an old idea - please vote! 

Updated on 2019-10-27

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-27

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

_Aylin_
Casual Listener

You should be able to filter your playlists by the "Date Added" column, this keeps my tracks in chronological order instead of alphabetically. 🙂

chickfillasux
Regular

there is an option for this, you can organize your songs custom, alphabetical, old to new, or new to old

BabaFigo

I came to this Community only to write this Idea! -LIKE! There is no option for this. Yes you can sort it but I want the custom sort + new songs on the top! Do you understand me?

JagHeterAxel
Casual Listener

There is an option to sort playlists on "Recently added", then the last added song is on top.

Or is this only possible in the Android app?

BabaFigo
This is possible but this is not the same. If I choose that option than is it sort to the newest song I added and my personally changed sort is gone. I want a option that put the song on the top of the playlist and DONT SORT my playlist. Because I want still my personal sort.
JagHeterAxel
Casual Listener

Yes, sorry, I'm having problems understanding the message board. Noticed I wrote the same thing as two others before me and you have to explain yourself again and again.

@BabaFigo wrote:
This is possible but this is not the same. If I choose that option than is it sort to the newest song I added and my personally changed sort is gone. I want a option that put the song on the top of the playlist and DONT SORT my playlist. Because I want still my personal sort.

janimationd

This could be implemented as a per-playlist setting so not all playlists behave this way, and if it eases the change from a user-adoption standpoint it could also default to the current behavior. The option is what we want!

Mogix
Visitor

When does Spotify finally add this function?

DJDavid98
Casual Listener

The cumbersome workaround is to select the song at the bottom, then scroll up (may have to use PageUp instead of the scrollbar/wheel to avoid the selection disappearing on older clients), Ctrl+Click the top song, drag that top song right below itself, and the song at the bottm jumps to the second position, from where it's easier to drag it to the top. This is not possible from mobile though, so I have to get on a PC each time I want to re-order my tracks.