[Playlists][Android] Keep 'Artist - Album' title when creating new playlist

This feature was removed and now Spotty auto names playlists to "My Playlist ###," Instead of defaulting to artist name and album title. It's very frustrating! Please vote for this so I can be less sad. 

iwantocancelmyaccount.jpg

Updated on 2019-12-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-02-15

Marked as new idea.

Note that this is not a new idea, it used to autofill on the Android app.

It's doing so on iOS and desktop app, why not Android?

The decision to remove the auto-fill of a playlist when creating it from an entire album is simply stupid. Bring it back in the next update!!!!! 

Composer

Please don't make this about votes. You clearly messed up. Just reintegrate it, as well as the "Find in playlist"-search bar at the top of each playlist. Now, please.

Regular

@Marco  this not NOT a new idea - this is a feature which used to exist and spotify decided to move backwards and remove it. There had been countless posts on this topic, unfortunately they all end in different threads (this thread has over 100 votes):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Bring-Back-Album-Auto-Playlist-Naming-when-Creating/id...

Enormous amount of people complaining about this regression yet nothing is done. Well I'm not paying for substandard services or software - I stopped paying my 2 premium spotify accounts (mine and the wife's) and moved to Tidal

https://tidal.com/

Vote with your money people - give spotify the boot. Its the only way to get through to their management people are unhappy.

BRING THIS FEATURE BACK. It's ruined my spotity experience. I use playlits to save albums chronologically. I know what I was listening to and when. Now it's difficult to quickly save albums, and I'll have to cross reference spelling and titles several times to do something I can do in 2 seconds on ios or mac app. 

PLEASE revert this, it's needless. 

BRING THIS FEATURE BACK. It's ruined my spotity experience. I use playlits to save albums chronologically. I know what I was listening to and when. Now it's difficult to quickly save albums, and I'll have to cross reference spelling and titles several times to do something I can do in 2 seconds on ios or mac app. 

PLEASE revert this, it's needless. 

Casual Listener

This used to work, and then they broke it. Please restore the auto playlist naming as album name functionality.

Casual Listener

I agree with others, this is not a new idea. It is a bug. It used to work, then it was removed.

Please please please bring this feature back. 

No one from the Dev team has explained why it was removed yet it works the old way on both Windows and iOS.

Are Android users not as loved as these platforms? 

This is a small request and I think I have seen enough people complaining to at least consider answering why this was changed. I literally just signed up to try get some pace on this issue as it's the biggest feature I'm missing on Android app. 

Thanks