[Playlists][Android] Keep 'Artist - Album' title when creating new playlist

This feature was removed and now Spotty auto names playlists to "My Playlist ###," Instead of defaulting to artist name and album title. It's very frustrating! Please vote for this so I can be less sad. 

iwantocancelmyaccount.jpg

Updated on 2019-12-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

@Rickushay Completely agree it was there before now it's gone with no release notes or reason behind it.

Spotify Devs please explain or at least advise how others concerned like me can get this pushed through its a huge issue for users who use playlists heavily. 

This one tiny oversight is destroying the way I use Spotify. This needs to
be resolved!
Regular

Easy answer: TIDAL. I switched both my and the wife's accounts over - I'm not going to pay $30pm to Spotify anymore after they wrecked the Android interface. Vote with your money.

We need 100 votes before Spotify will pass this on to their Devs.. get your votes in people let's get this sorted! Cheers

Regular

There's been multiple threads on this topic, you'll get way over 100 votes if they're merged/linked.

@Henry07 

Whats the Tidal library like can you find all your favourite artists just fine?

Regular

@Witalit Yep haven't had any issues finding any artists or latest music on Tidal. They also have Hi Fidelity (lossless audio) option available for best quality music, if your sound hardware can handle it

Casual Listener

Kudos aside this change was dumb and I can't imagine anybody liking it. 

Yes, the craziest thing is that this behavior only exists on android (not on iphone nor on the desktop app). This is just incoherent and illogical. At least if the reason was explained... My only guess is that they want people to save albums instead of creating a playlist from it. I would do that if I could tranform all existing playlists to "saved albums" by keeping the existing order because the timeline of the albums (playlists for now) is very important (to know which albums I listened a few months or year back). Also folders cannot be organized in folders so the features aren't even on par.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-12-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!