[Playlists] Collaborative playlist comments

A neat feature would be to allow comments for songs you add to a collaborative playlist. Obviously only the collaborators are able to add comments and see comments. (Or maybe an option for friends/public comments) i have a playlist me and my sister add songs to that we think each other would like. Adding comments about why we added it, or what the other person thinks about the song would be neat.

Updated on 2020-02-19

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2016-09-01

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-09-02

Marked as new idea.
This idea will continue the request about comments in collaborative playlists from an old topic here.

petemit

Absolutely!  Me and my family create playlists together constantly, and we are constantly thinking and commenting on how cool it would be if you could comment on songs in a collab playlist.  

Really, this feature could take Spotify to the next level of social interaction and music combined.  Already it has done much in that area.

Recommended!  Spotify, when ya gonna do it?

axmontgomery

Rdio had playlist-level discussions that served much the same purpose, and I really miss it. We used it to put together a good set of Jazz covers of Radiohead songs (which I've since re-created in Spotify), and having the public discussion really helped in making it *feel* collaborative... post a message when you add something, other people give the post a thumbs up, or reply to your comment with extra comments about the track.

I think it also helped attract new collaborators, because the original creator of the playlist could post their 'goals' for the playlist, and invite additions along the same theme. Also you could see that a friendly group of people were genuinely happy with stuff being added, so you didn't feel like you were screwing up someone else's playlist, and if it turned out you *did* add something that didn't fit, they could tell you, and you had a way to apologize... (but maybe that's just the Canadian in me).

AlexSmith
Status on this? It's been 4 years since this idea was added to the community, and it seems like a relatively simple add. Would be great for my collaborative playlists!
Wonkas85

Second this motion. Soundcloud style (based on timecode) comments would be shangri la, but song level or playlist level (as axmontgomery mentioned) comments would be fantastic too. Lets make it happen.

kopeboy

Please Please Please,
Cmon!

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-02-19

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2016-09-01

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas