[Playlists] Crossfade for individual songs in a playlist

This is an idea previously posted which captured the essence of how crossfade should work with most songs (Specifically, my idea relates to solution #2 in this post) :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Customize-crossfade-per-song/idi-p/1465240

In other words the idea is that there's an inherent need for proper transitioning between songs in a playlist. If the user has the ability to customize the crossfade on a 'per song basis' they would necessarily have the ability to control the flow of a playlist.

Here's to creating a richer Spotify experience.

🙂

Updated on 2020-05-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-05-09

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Casual Listener

Just noticed that in the Spotify made "Power Run 145 BPM" they are using a feature like this to eliminate slow or quiet fades between workout songs. I would love to have this as a user capability. 

Casual Listener

This is the first time I've found we could vote on new ideas! I've been wishing this custom crossfade would be a reality for years! I've been kinda bummed with the stagnation of UI and this would be awesome!

Visitor

This option would be definitely great!

For sport, trip or even party: crossfade improve totally my mood :D.

BUT an controlled crossfade: Not the same one in all music which just bring chaos in my hears. This option exists in WMP for years... we are now in 2020 ;).

Here an example of how this option could be implemented:

In the Computer app only,  3 additional columns should be added in the playlist interface which are:

- Music Start

- Music Stop

- Crossfade Start

Of course it will need a lot of work for the user to "manage" playlist crossfade on his own, but it will be cool to be able create my own "Samples"and feel like a DJ xD.

I think it should be only on the Computer/Tablet software to avoid people to "play while driving or running" with the crossfade option. Or it must be linked to Position sensor (like Google Maps Live View) to avoid people using it while moving.

Visitor

This feature would make so much sense !

Especially when Spotify already does it with certain playlists like this one [Trance Mission]

It stops and starts the next music at the right moment so the beats of two songs keeps in sync

I would love Spotify to release their tools to make this kind of playlist, even through the Spotify developper API

EDIT : Oh and it doesn't seem to work on the web browser. It would be cool to also have visual cues about where user starts transition

Visitor

There is so much that could (and hopefully will be done) to give more control between tracks. It’s great to be able to send friends playlists but the cross fade is inadequate. The main issue for me at present is that it lowers the volume of the beginning of the incoming track, so something that starts strong has the punch taken away. ‘Fade out’ and ‘fade in’ options would at least allow users to cut the silence off the end of tracks. 

On another topic, the normalise volume feature doesn’t seem to work very well...

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-05-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke