Announcements

[Playlists] Expand Mobile "Featuring" Row To User Playlists & Keep Desktop "Discovered On"

Hello,

For a lot of independent artists and curators, as well as listeners, the "Discovered On" tab on Desktop is an essential tool for finding playlists curated by the ever-expanding Spotify community. While in some Beta versions, this feature is *worryingly* gone, it would be a major blow to many users to see it removed.

Similarly, in the Mobile view, there is a Featuring [Artist] Row that essentially serves the same purpose, however, it only shows Spotify's own playlists and not user-generated playlists. 

It will be great to see the Featuring [Artist] tab expanded to include non-official (user) playlists as well, perhaps in a similar fashion to the About -> Discovered On section where up to 5 playlists featuring that artist are visible, regardless of whether they are Spotify or user-generated. Currently, the Mobile Featuring [Artist] section barely shows any content for most smaller artists, while in many cases, there certainly are many users who curate playlists that include the artist.

Spotify has always prided itself as a place where people can share playlists together and essentially championed the "playlist" movement in streaming platforms. To see this gradually move into Algorithmic and Editorial playlists will be damaging to the platform's purpose for practically all users, especially the smaller musicians and fans of niche genres that Spotify does not curate playlists for.

I've attached the example of the artist Kaya Project, whose 5 visible Discovered On playlists include 2 Spotify playlists and many more independent playlists (3 of which are showing). However, on Mobile, only the two official ones (and Radio) are showing, and not ANY indie playlists.

a.png

159904828_518443069144551_1675739065354864256_n.jpg

Please consider expanding on this feature and helping out the indies! 

Thank you!

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: 

One change request per Idea.
When one post includes several feature requests, it becomes hard to keep track of and update them.

We suggest that you check out the info here about the feature on the new desktop app. 

Feel free to submit your idea(s) again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Lufivu
Visitor

Yuh

jntfurstman

This is so Dumb for Spotify and Indie Artists in general. Hope they fix this sooner or later. 

Teddy Furstman

dirtwhisperer

I really hope they bring back “Discovered On”. That feature was so helpful for me in many ways.

David_Nguyen
Regular

Even if this sounds harsh, I think that Spotify is simply taking away the freedom of the community. I hope that they will shift back to the old "Featuring"

Jeremy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: 

One change request per Idea.
When one post includes several feature requests, it becomes hard to keep track of and update them.

We suggest that you check out the info here about the feature on the new desktop app. 

Feel free to submit your idea(s) again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.