Announcements

[Playlists] Go to "currently playing" song in PLAYLIST

I find it really annoying, and virtually impossible to deal with while driving, how the playlists always refresh to the top of whatever filter/"sort by" you're using - so after every search, looking at a different playlist, changing your filter/sort, etc you lose your place.

It's inconvenient and possibly dangerous (as the -paid- service comes with car mode for use while driving)... Spotify really needs to keep the users place better in order to minimize needless scrolling in your playlist to find your place again - again, out of respect of your customers time and possibly their safety.

Updated on 2021-08-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here. If you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
tomawaknawak

Issue: Whenever a playlist starts playing songs, and I browse through the iOS or the desktop app, there is no way to jump directly to the position in the playlist of the currently played song. I would need to scroll through the currently played playlist to find the song. This is especially difficult when the playback sequence is set to random.

Solution: By clicking on the currently played song at the bottom of the app, add a button that makes you jump directly to the position in the playlist of the currently played song.

Why:
1) I want to be able to know in which playlist a specific song is exactly located, so I can rearrange my playlist.
2) I want to know which and how much songs were played before and will be played after the currently played song .
3) It serves as a clear overview of the app. Currently, I get easily lost whenever I browse through the app. Adding this feature would remind me the exact location of my currently played song.

Note: This is actually an idea for every platform.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here. If you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.