Announcements

[Playlists] Improve Sort/Edit Playlist functionality

Hi,

Spotify currently allows you to "sort" a playlist in a variety of ways including Title, Recently Added, Artist etc.,

However, these choices are only applied when playing through the Spotify app separately on each device. There are actually two parts to this problem:

- The first is that any devices using Spotify as a music source under the same account, can't read the "sort" filter applied to the Playlist. This is a massive pain. A prime example is my Amazon Alexa. I can't play my music in my order because I have a reverse order filter on my Mobile. Instead, I have to use the Spotify app manually to play from the top.

- The second is that the sort filter is not applied over devices. So if I sort on Desktop, it does not auto-sort when I open the app on my phone and vice versa. I then have to sort on every device manually. Not only that, but the UI on Mobile and Desktop are different. The sort filter is hidden above the selected Playlist panel, which is a bad design choice. I would never know it was there (but this is a separate topic entirely).

Technical Details/explanation

Can we please store Playlists with the Filter mode as part of the playlist, not as a separate feature? Either that or expand the Edit Playlist feature. It is currently useless for anyone with a large playlist who wants to reverse their playlist order. It seems like the Edit Playlist feature and Sort feature should be a single feature. Neither of them do the complete associated functionality of sorting my playlist but both do half of the functionality.

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey @GDev97,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point [3]: “One change request per Idea.”

Feel free to submit your idea(s) again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Dian
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey @GDev97,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point [3]: “One change request per Idea.”

Feel free to submit your idea(s) again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Thanks for understanding.