[Playlists] Intelligent Shuffle

How is a perfect playlist made? Are the songs in the playlist in a good order for listening? It comes down to the transitions from one song to another when determining the fluidity of a playlist. The listener should not experience dry switches from slow to fast, or maybe they should- depending on what the playlist is going for. The idea is for a shuffle option that intelligently generates different transitions for the listener to experience. The listener makes note of what transitions suit them best. Pairs or small groups of songs are isolated and shuffled again as groups. Listeners could share their way of listening with their peers. Eventually, playlists could tell stories.

Updated on 2019-09-26

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: 

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Casual Listener

I posted an idea like this too. It is much needed! Who wants to listen to random songs that don’t flow. As a result I end up making my own flowing playlist but after a few listens I’ve already memorized what’s coming next. Boring 

Sonicrelapse
Casual Listener

@1253224043 Memorizing what's coming next could be a part of it. sometimes I'll listen to a song and remember how good it transitioned into another from a playlist I made. Sometimes I get let down from that residual desire to hear what I expect is next. Artists link songs together in their albums for a reason. It causes problems when you're trying to make a playlist where only half the song works with the flow you're going for.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-09-26

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: