[Playlists] Make Collaborative Playlists public

To my mind, collaborative playlists are one of the great successes of Spotify. You and your friends are going on a long road trip, so you make a playlist that you all contribute to. It is fantastic.

However, Spotify has decided that all collaborative playlists should be private. They did this because as we all know, anything that can be edited online will quickly be vandalized. The thing is, I would very much like to publish my collaborative playlists, because they are some of my favorites.

So this is what I propose. Create an option for collaborative playlists to be viewed publicly, but edited only by invitation. That way anyone can see the playlist, but only a selected few people can edit it. This is done on a whole host of other technologies, so why not do it on Spotify? Please spread the word and give this idea some kudos to ensure that it happens!

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed here.

Comments

Seconding this. Why isn't this a thing yet? smh

user-removed
Not applicable

recently i found out that my playlist was switch to collab mode and turned to private. I had done none of this changes. Was it some sort of update that messd it up?

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed here.