[Playlists] Make Collaborative Playlists public

To my mind, collaborative playlists are one of the great successes of Spotify. You and your friends are going on a long road trip, so you make a playlist that you all contribute to. It is fantastic.

However, Spotify has decided that all collaborative playlists should be private. They did this because as we all know, anything that can be edited online will quickly be vandalized. The thing is, I would very much like to publish my collaborative playlists, because they are some of my favorites.

So this is what I propose. Create an option for collaborative playlists to be viewed publicly, but edited only by invitation. That way anyone can see the playlist, but only a selected few people can edit it. This is done on a whole host of other technologies, so why not do it on Spotify? Please spread the word and give this idea some kudos to ensure that it happens!

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed here.

Related Ideas

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Dublicate Idea.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Make-Collaborative-playlists-public/idi-p/961857

Although the above Idea is now marked as Inactive Idea since 2015-10-30 09:01 AM.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-05-20

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

pyzaist
Casual Listener

This idea is not exactly a duplicate because it has a solution to the vandalization problem.

user-removed
Not applicable

@pyzaist

You're absolutely right.

@Marco

After reading the suggested Idea more thoroughly I think you should edit the Idea Subjet a bit, I agree what @pyzaist said.

My suggestion:

[All Platforms][Playlists] Make Collaborative Playlists Publicly Available Upon Invitation

Or something like that, my English and creativity is kinda poor.

pyzaist
Casual Listener

@user-removed Edited the subject to more accurately reflect the idea

user-removed
Not applicable

@pyzaist

Good job my friend, looks much better now.

OmerWow

Yes please!
My friends makes some really good playlists sometimes but still it's not 100% perfect for me ofc, while being able to add the playlist to my list and recieve instantanous updates is nice, not being able to edit them, whether if it's for my own use or for both us, just feels like a very basic feature which is missing..

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

This is a great idea. Check out one, of mine, here.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Followers-To-See-and-Add-Same-Local-Files-Back...

Though it's not the same, this one has some similarities, to yours.

UxoOr
Casual Listener

This is a great idea! Its so frustrating, when you use spotify on a differen't computer with a different spotify account than your own, and the only way to play your playlist is to log out and into your own accont bacause the playlist is collaborative.  

balıklar

This should be a must as any unwanted person can ruin your playlist