Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
BWSDragon

Merging playlists or more simply adding the playlist to your playlist. Just add a button (the same as what's on albums!) to allow all of the songs in that playlist to automatically be added to your own playlist. This is such a simple thing but would be extremely helpful!

Emsmom

I'd like to be able to merge two playlists together where it combines them and deletes any duplicates. 

This is a feature in Apple and would be really helpful to streamline things sometimes. 

nwaldman17

It would be a great feature to be able to combine playlists. Here is my use case: I have multiple playlists for the Hip Hop genre and would like to consolidate them to one playlist. However, I have hundreds of songs. If there was a combine playlists feature I could combine them and then select the Don't Add button if there are duplicate songs. Not only would this streamline my playlists it would also remove duplicate songs. 

Heronimus

Google for TuneMyMusic. Via this service you can export and merge your playlist.

seanf01

@Marco

Is the ability to create Playlist Folders on Desktop only? That should also be on mobile, because that is genius.

coke187

Looks like they have implemented this feature on Android 😍😍😍😍😍

Lai56

I hope to add the function of adding the A playlist directly to the B playlist, which can be directly merged into one playlist.

GB25_

Merging playlist would be an easy fix if you had two playlist with many songs you like. Being able to have the option to merge playlist would throw away a big hassle in wanting to listen to all the songs, but having two switch between the playlists. The liked playlist can be a fix, but that leaves the problem with, old songs you no longer like and having to go through every song to like them. Both take a while to remove and add, but having a merge option to copy your songs into one playlist would fix many hard paths. The merge option would also help if you and a friend wanted to merge your playlists without having to copy every single song into a playlist, which could take hours. 

Vwmw

It’s 2022. Why is there not complete functionality on mobile playlists, such as merging, which should be basic!  I’m decided to subscribe to have more control and I discover that i *still* can’t do this very basic thing on mobile?! I won’t continue paying if I can’t have this basic feature even after subscribing. Very disappointed!

2175j6tgchvzmwasvnjf

Could put the option to merge two lists created by the user deleting the duplicates.