[Playlists] Owner controls Collaborative Playlists

The current collaboration playlist allows anyone to delete the whole list of songs, or secretly delete individual songs one by one. Which makes the collaboration feature pretty useless.

To prevent trolls from destroying a playlist, my suggestion is to add special privileges to the owner of the collaboration playlist. So anyone can SUGGEST songs to add or delete, in the playlist. It then pops up a yes/or no option to the owner of the playlist. 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Saalen
This would be awesome. Right now I have to manage 4 playlist to get it to work as I want. Me and a friend got a collaborative playlist to get out what we want from it we need one collaborative, one private, one for the removed tracks and one for suggesting tracks. It would be so much better to just be able to set permissions och who can remove and add tracks and the rest can just suggest the changes.
tedavis

+1 for the owner controls.

I have a playlist comprised of film & game scores which used to be collaborative until I found out anyone could also remove all the songs. I'd love to be able to select who to collaborate with as I've found a friend of mine has some really good suggestions (currently getting the suggestions via twitter then adding them manually).

I guess priveleges would be a good addition too - ie: some people could add to the playlist but not delete tracks others have added.

Rocio
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Yudai

It's actually quite astonishing that this feature has not been implemented yet. As an owner of a playlist you should be able to make it collaborative for only some people.

This feature came out 5 years ago, you still haven't done this? That's really unproffesional.

I actually expected it to work like this when I first used this feature.

katerinamina
Casual Listener

One hundred percent agree! i made my own idea suggestion saying the same thing without realizing there was already this one. Lets hop Spotify implments this soon!

dijkdes

This idea has been out there for several years now and is still gaining support. Time to implement Spotify!

FabioM99
Regular

Thats awesome

NoEpic

Finally a really awesome idea!

NoEpic

Finally a really awesome suggestion!

kegl1
Music Fan

Hello.

I have a private collaborative playlist with someone. In my profile is hidden and that's perfect, but the playlist appears in the profile of the person I'm sharing with and everyone can see the playlist. Help :( @osornios