Announcements

[Playlists] Owner controls Collaborative Playlists

The current collaboration playlist allows anyone to delete the whole list of songs, or secretly delete individual songs one by one. Which makes the collaboration feature pretty useless.

To prevent trolls from destroying a playlist, my suggestion is to add special privileges to the owner of the collaboration playlist. So anyone can SUGGEST songs to add or delete, in the playlist. It then pops up a yes/or no option to the owner of the playlist. 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

100% Yes. It's so obvious I don't know how it isn't implemented yet.

Is there any response from the company? Any ETA or even if it's discarded for any reason?

Yes this! So much this. Spotify - are you listening? This is a must have feature.

I can't believe this original post was over 3 years ago and it's still not a "priority." I have people asking me for my spotify link all the time because they like my music but since it's a collaborative with someone else there is no way for me to share it without giving them total control over it. They can then give the url out and now I have random people deleting my songs so I start an entirely new playlist, which takes forever to build up as much as the original. Months of work go in to the collaborative playlist then it gets ruined by a bunch of internet trolls who think its hilarious. Please Spotify, please help!

Casual Listener

This would be a great feature to crowd source playlist projects. Intelligent merging of suggestions ought to be part of it.

I.e:

Alice has a playlist: 

Calablanca Soundtrack

[source]

•  La Marseillaise 
  •  It had to be you 
  •  Shine

Bob creates edit:

Add:

• Crazy Rhythm
  • Knock on Wood

Eve creates edit:

Add:

• Knock on Wood
  • The Very Thought of You

Alice accepts both.

Since both Bob and Eve added Knock on Wood the edits are merged and the result is:

•  La Marseillaise 
  •  It had to be you 
  •  Shine
  • Crazy Rhythm
  • Knock on Wood
  • The Very Thought of You

There also ought to be a limit on how many requests you can make of non-followers, to stop spamming of requests. For example if someone made a script to ask everyone to add their new track to their playlist. U2, I'm looking at you.

Almost 4 years and still nothing. Well done Spotify

Absolutely ridiculous behaviour from Spotify. 

"Status: Good Idea, give it some kudos" - 14/01/2015

That update is, now, over a year old, which seems positively recent when compared to the fact that the OP is around 4 times that.

This is not a big ask - at the very least, a setting to make collaborative playlists private is a must

I am currently engaged in a battle with, what can only be described a Spotify troll, who seems determined to add the same terrible music to a playlist that my friend and I spent quite a while curating; one can imagine my disdain when the delicate, minimal beats of Couros or the floating vocals of Troels Abrahamsen in Kolsch's All That Matters are followed up by the poorly-produced, amelodious, I-have-a-Squire-but-I-tell-everyone-it's-a-Fender-Strat guitar riffs of some side-artist.

Please put an end to my (and many, many others') misery.

Sincerely,

Somewhat Irked

Hello guys.

This idea, to choose who can add or remove songs from a Playlist Collaborative, it is essential. And it was private.
Think about it, this is perfect to before making it public, we could make a perfect playlist. And so with the help of someone.
And it helps when seeking a subject does not appear in my searches, Playlist incomplete.

Think with affection about.

Casual Listener

This is a brilliant idea and would love to see this happen.

Casual Listener

Spotify, implement this function already please, it really bother many people

My collaborative playlist  with 200 songs , steady amount of followers, I worked for 2 years was lost by someone who replaced it  with 1 effin song ! The user who apparently vandalized it usually just add songs on that same playlist but I always remove it because it doesnt fit the genre.

How can I recover my songs?