[Playlists] Owner controls Collaborative Playlists

The current collaboration playlist allows anyone to delete the whole list of songs, or secretly delete individual songs one by one. Which makes the collaboration feature pretty useless.

To prevent trolls from destroying a playlist, my suggestion is to add special privileges to the owner of the collaboration playlist. So anyone can SUGGEST songs to add or delete, in the playlist. It then pops up a yes/or no option to the owner of the playlist. 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
GoodRevrnd

I'd like the option to have adds done without restriction, but there should be a log of some sort showing who added what over the last week or so.

More importantly, there should be a "Local Delete" option.  This would keep the track on the master playlist but remove it from your own view of the list.

tagdor8
Casual Listener

I think collabritive playlists can be vastly improved. Firstly you should be able to choose which followers can collab not just a binary swtich, also a collab with all followers button would be good too, and secondly you should be able to make the collab playlist public without it being able to be edited by anyone (keeping it private should also be an option)

MrRegalado

Yes, I really like this idea. I would also like the option of having private collaborative playlists. This will work well with romantic partners, or friends who have a long relationship who share the same taste of music but only would like to share songs with each other and no one else publicly.

If playlists are already private, disregard this comment. Thank you.

pjr88

Is there a way to give only certain users "collaborative" priviledges and then just make it public for other users to see. Seems like that would be pretty straight forward. Let certain users edit the playlist, while others can only listen and follow.

Bent_Metal
Casual Listener

Hi Spotify,

Love your work - thanks for bringing usawesome content. . . content that I love sharing with my friends within collaborative playlists.  An awesome feature would be to have a push notification for mobile devices or a pop-up within a desktop app letting me know when someone has added a song to a collab playlist.

Further, to save users who hate notifications from being bombarded with vibrating pockets and/or bell sounds, it would be great to have the ability to turn notifications on/off for the playlist.   

Thanks for listening!

ViceSheriffen

Could you please add settings for collaborative playlists, so that others can only add songs and not delete or edit the playlist

makuamai

I've got playlists that are always loading but can't play them or delete them of which I really want to do . How can I get rid of these playlists

amaneb

Hey,

It's a really important feature for the owner of a collaborative playlist. Besides the fact that anyone can edit anything on the playlist (add songs, delete), it would be perfect if the owner could select the users that are allowed to do so.

This way, you can have a collaborative playlist, with more than one administrator that will also allow that this playlist to be public, with the right 'protection' to the owner and tought by the selected administrators.

Tks!!!

Hammyb33

i have a playlist with 5,000+ followers, and I don't want to make such a playlist collaborative because I agree with the original poster - far too much power to delete/add is given to too many people. Instead, how about an option - turned on by the owners - allows followers to request songs. On the owners Account/Device, the requested add-ons show up could show up in a section under "Recommended Songs" and the bottom of the playlist. 

Is there an update on this. I have a random person continuously add the same song every 3 days to my playlist even after I delete it. to make matters worse, I cant even message him to stop adding the song, so he's free to keep doing it. Very Frustrating.