[Playlists] Playlist Bookmark

While listening to a playlist, it would be nice to bookmark where you left off. This way if I am listening to my Discover Weekly playlist, for example, and I switch to another song, I can jump back into my playlist at exactly the same place that I left off. This would help with the confusion of having to locate where I left off and motivate me to get back into a playlist.

I know that this idea has already been posted, but I just joined the community and I think this deserves more recognition then it has received!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-06

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Regular

Maybe we should post this on reddit or somewhere else to get more votes?

Hello,

I didn't find a way to post a new idea (Perhaps because I am a newbie). Then I reply to this message.

I started to use Spotify since a few months and I really appreciate the huge collection of artists Spotify proposes. I have already more than 250 artists saved in my favorites. Generally, I save an album when I listen the friday mix. As soon as I like a song, I check the artist and save one of his/her album. I also check what fan like and in the same way I save one album by artist. So, I later have the possibility to listen the albums and eventually follow the artist. And when I have listened the album, I remove it from the saved ones.

When you want to come back on an artist, it's difficult to know which album you have already listen. It would be very wonderful if we have the possibility to tag an album simply as 'Listened' or someting like that. So, when you go back on your saved artists list, you pick up an artist and you can directly see what are the albums you don't know yet.

I have looked for similar ideas in the Community and I found similar ones but all in separate threads. Effectively, each of them didn't collect enough votes to allow you to develop the idea. But I think if you sum all votes for all threads, you can see that this idea will be very appreciate. And I think it will not a complex idea to develop: just an additional option in the menu near the album (Where we have "Add to Queue", "Go to Artiste Radio" and so on).

I think it would be really a great option. Because now, with 254 artists saved (and certainly more in a next future), it's completly impossible for me to know which album I have already listened. And I will appreciate to continue to discover more and more with this option.

Thank you very much in advance and I wish you a good day.

François

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-06

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!