[Playlists] Removing Songs from 'Recommended Songs'

I use recommended songs quite a lot, however, I find I constantly have to go through pages and pages of the same ones each time to get to some new stuff. There should a "remove" option so songs I don't like aren't continuously being suggested. A simple x or dislike button would be fine, 

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-30

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Shatterhand

Definitely interested in this. I've a 1000 track playlist that has songs from all decades starting with the 50s. I don't think that music from 80s and onward is in the minority but it definitely seems as if all of my recommendations are from the earliest years covered in the playlist but also a lot fo the same tracks. I'm wondering if perhaps something in the title or description of the playlist is messing with the Recommendations but my casual testing doesn't seem to make any difference. Doesn't help that the Description resets every time that i relaunch the program. All this in context of the desktop program. I don't really expect the Recommendations to be super useful (that i'd necessarily like everything on offer) but i'd certainly expect more variety and less repetition.

gjwolfswinkel

Each time I have to remove '**bleep** in my pants'. Gah. Spotify should not continue offer me this rather explicit content after I've clicked it away several times :-( 

gjwolfswinkel

This is funny. In my comment, the explicit word is bleeped out, yet on Spotify itself I can't get rid of that 'recommendation'. How ironic.

natterratter

I'm having a problem with recommended songs on one of my playlists. It's a large playlist with mostly American songs, and a few Israeli songs, but all of the recommended songs (for months now with refreshing) are only Israeli. I want recommended songs from all cultures, it doesn't make sense when most of my songs on the playlist aren't Israeli.

dimghero
Casual Listener

This is a great idea! I have the same problem. Recommended songs are a great option, but i hate  to go through the same songs every time to get at the point where i was last time.

99v1-bje_xwx5

I wish this idea would gain some traction! I use the recommended songs feature quite a bit (or I try to) but it keeps recycling the same songs, even songs I've removed from the playlist because I was sick of them.  When I listen to the Spotify playlist on my home page created for me to suggest new artists, there's an icon I can click to indicate I don't want to hear the song or the artist again.  Couldn't there be the same thing for 'recommended songs'??

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke