Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Save Daily Mix as New Playlist

I've seen this suggestion pop up before but it didn't get enough kudos. Still, I'll repost it again in case it catches on!

Sometimes the daily mix algorithm REALLY hits the spot and matches songs perfectly. And then I just want to save it without manually adding every song to a custom playlist.

Like right now. And you know it, I'm adding the songs one by one to a playlist because algorithm did good and I don't want to lose it once it refreshes tomorrow. But what if I don't have the time for that? One tap could spare me the pain.

As the Daily Mix algorithm gets better, I'm sure many of us are gonna start feeling this way soon.

Updated on 2022-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

We're happy to confirm that this is already possible. You can create a copy of a particular set of songs from your Daily mixes, you just need to select the playlist in your mobile device app, then, on the three-point menu select Add to other playlist > New playlist.

As a workaround, if you're from the desktop app, you can copy all the songs in a playlist (including the Daily mixes) by selecting it, scrolling until the last song, and clicking at it while pressing shift. All songs will be selected and by clicking the right mouse button, you can add them to the new playlist.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-28

Hello and thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

st86

I agree this would be so useful!  This feature used to exist - I still have old playlists saved straight from daily mixes of the past. I don't know why they got rid of it! 

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Sprmnmike

I want to have the ability to take a generated mix like daily mix and save that as a playlist. The mix changes but I want to save that specific mix. 

Mario
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

jonmu

Completely unclear why this feature was once available and then removed. Please at least explain the rationale behind such a wired UX decision. 

Sometimes I really like a recommended playlist and want to not lose it. Having to manually save tracks is simply punishing users for trying to keep what was especially prepared for them.

Please allow us to save playlists for future use.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-10-11

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Gyrocompass

This should be possible. I can "heart" the playlist but the content changes as the playlist rolls over. What's the point in that? 

mickimau5

jesus christ add the ability to save an entire daily mix as a playlist on mobile. just lost the perfect daily mix because dowloading a daily mix does not mean it's saved as a playlist. having to go to desktop just to save an entire daily mix is not helpful. my ears are mourning this loss.

arjibarji

I have found a workaround for this. This works for me on the PC, but not on a phone.

Make a new empty playlist, or identify the one you want to add to. Then go to your daily mix and browse the list of songs. CTRL-left click on each song you want to transfer to the new playlist. Or you can click the first one and SHIFT-left click the last one. Once you have highlighted some or all of the songs you want, you can right click once on any one of the highlighted songs, then select Add to playlist in the usual way.

This works like a charm 😎