[Playlists] Scroll automatically to current Track Position

Is it possible that the playlist moves with/after the songs its playing? Example, when you press play at the first song on top of the playlist you can see the song it’s playing. But when it changes songs to the bottom you still see the top. It does not move with the song its playing.

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

There's more info on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-04-26

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Your other idea about music videos has also been suggested here. ;)

Samuel7
Roadie

Following.....  

robbiek
Casual Listener
Good idea
realityfantasy
Gig Goer

Yes. This idea is specially useful on shuffle mode when you're listening to a huge playlist.

Oer

I am tired of having to scroll through my big playlist squinting to see where I currently am while scrolling. On top of that, some times the song is not green cus it's playing as if another place and not my playlist. For example when switching from mobile to desktop

alphatauri

It's also good to have a scroll bar for playlists in IOS as well. Can't believe why IOS version doesn't have this while Android app has. Insane decision from Spotify

tillito77

To me, this looks like a bug. This is very annoying on longer playlists.

Pwrswitchd
Casual Listener

Would love this!

bobbykjack
Casual Listener

I also requested this in an Idea that got marked as a dupe of this one.

It might have to be slightly nuanced - e.g. if I'm scrolling through my playlist at the time of a track change, I probably don't want to suddenly skip.

northy14

please add a visulaizer, i would be happy to even pay a little extra for it. it brings a vibe when a visulizer is on, and turns the song alive. i was on itunes prenium or something but recently changed to spotifiy prenuim and enjoying way more then before but adding this feature would be great