[Playlists] See combined list of tracks of playlists in a playlist folder

I would absolutely love the ability to click a playlist folder (mobile and desktop) and see a list (no duplicates) of all tracks in the playlists in that folder.

For a parent folder, would of course want to see a list of tracks in the playlists of its subfolders

I'm not sure how a GUI layout would look for this. But for example, if I have my folder "House" and I have playlists "groovy house", "chill house", "tech house", and I just want to shuffle all my house music, I would love to be able to hit my House folder and maybe see the main playlists on top followed by a final playlist called "All Tracks In This Folder" or something like that.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
ragmana
Casual Listener

I would be interested in the ability to search for tracks in a folder with duplicates visible.

Use case: Displaying all tracks within a folder may allow users to edit several playlists at once. For example, I may wish to add many songs back into my library now that Spotify has removed the cap on library size. For another example, I may wish to remove a track or an artist from all of my playlists within a folder. With many playlists, it is difficult (but reasonable) to search by artist or track in every playlist in order to edit each occurrence. Any support for batch editing work would help users with large libraries.

That said, I can also see @jimmerson124's use case. Particularly if we're playing music for others, we do not want to hear the same house track twice just because it is both "groovy" and "chill." The smaller the library, the more likely a "duplicate" track will repeat.

Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.