A common situation:

1) You love Spotify so much,

you use it every single day.

2) You find a good song and you save it to Your Music,

where you already have zillions of songs

3) So you also want this song into your playlists,

which you kinda sort songs by a personal criteria that works for you

3) But this song happens to fit several of your playlists.. and you wonder:

Q1: Is this song already in my playlists?

Q2: If so, in which one/ones?

Here's a simple solution:

1 ) right-click any song

2 ) show ✔ next to the playlists that contain that song

tick_playlist.png

Extra features (1):  Add how many times a song is repeated in the playlist:

number_playlist.png

Extra features (2): Show ♫ if a song is in your playlists:

original.png

With this feature you could browse any user playlist or any search result and figure out which songs are in your playlists at once, without checking each of your playlists manually.

Do you like the idea? Give it some kudos! 😃

Thanks,

Albert

Updated on 2020-05-08

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-08-30

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We noticed this idea has been marked as Not Right Now for a while, so we thought we’d update everyone on its current status.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce the ability to see which playlists a song is in. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed. Don’t worry! Should you try to add a song twice to the same playlist, you’ll receive the following warning message:

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 6.50.52 PM.png  

The team behind Search are also working on new and innovative ways to improve your Spotify experience. Although we’ve decided not to implement the feature as described, we appreciate all the feedback the thread generated, and rest assured we’ll use it to inform our decisions going forward.

Comments
Gig Goer

Hello !!
Absolutely TOP IDEA !!
Please implement !!

Came here to post this idea, kind of discouraging to see this post has been here since 2012, and they still haven't implemented it. It seems like there's lots of room on the interface (both desktop and mobile) to have a little checkmark next to a playlist on which the song is already added. There are so many times a song will come up on Release Radar or Discover Weekly and I can't remember if I've already sorted it into one of my playlists. 

Gig Goer

5 years!! Yes, it is a pity to see how long it will take until this TOP idea is implemented. Although she is under "Not right now".
Dear Spotify programmers: "Please allow this feature"!
Thank you!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-05-08

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-08-30

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We noticed this idea has been marked as Not Right Now for a while, so we thought we’d update everyone on its current status.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce the ability to see which playlists a song is in. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed. Don’t worry! Should you try to add a song twice to the same playlist, you’ll receive the following warning message:

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 6.50.52 PM.png  

The team behind Search are also working on new and innovative ways to improve your Spotify experience. Although we’ve decided not to implement the feature as described, we appreciate all the feedback the thread generated, and rest assured we’ll use it to inform our decisions going forward.