Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated: 2015-10-02

Marked as new idea. This idea, which proposes the ability to sort all playlists alphabetically, is now separate from the following popular idea, which proposes an 'artist-album' sort for playlists. 1500 kudos have been added from that idea.

taylorw89

It drives me crazy right now that I can't do this. It seems like such a basic concept, not sure why Spotify didn't do this from the start. 

Olcique

"Marked as new idea" hmm... That should solve my problem I guess. Why are you making this so much complicated? It's not an idea, it's a must. It's like asking knives and forks before having dinner. It's like asking tires for a car to go on the road. Can you imagine selling a car without tires on it? That's exactly what you are doing right now. And you are acting like this necessity is a rocket science request. C'mon, someone can easily write a code for this in 10 minutes. If you can't organize what you are listening properly then it's meaningless to use a player for it. It's the same process as using youtube for listening music. Please don't make it more complex, I now the difference between an "idea" and a "problem". And if you won't treat this as a problem, check my new idea; I won't continue to pay for this service anymore...

dharkstaar25

Please, I think it´s basic. To have a large playlist without this resource makes the usability awfull.

jomenhuva

Couldn't agree more. Thank you Olcique! This is indeed a mystery.

Just implement this basic sorting function, for heaven's sake!!

I am also a Premium customer.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2015-11-09

Hey everyone, we're marking this idea as 'Under Consideration' as we also think better ways to organize large collections is a good idea. When we have any updates on this we will let you all know in this thread. Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to Spotify. 

Olcique

Dear Meredith,

I'm sorry I couldn't find a way to quote back to your message(quote button didn't work?) and I hope you are reading this. Thank you for your effort. But you gotta understand that whatever you come up with better ways to organize playlists, alphabetical ordering principle must be included. It's inevitable... So why don't you do it in the first place and afterwards you can think of any other new ways as long as you want? I'm a musician and naturally I have lots of songs on my spotify waiting to be organized. Each time, it takes about "a minute" to find a specific song on my playing lists. Can you feel my misery? Don't exaggerate this please. You can do it. I believe in you...

Cheers,

jezhawk

So difficult to find playlists in the current method. Alphabetical is best please please please!

happyparin

i'm sure they are working on this, right? oh please. T_T...

prodyel

I don't know how to tell you this... but you already have it!

On a mobile platform, iPad or android for example:

• scroll the playlist down
  • see the thing next to the filter box that looks like three lines?
  • click it
  • sort by title

On a PC... click on the word 'Title'

Am I missing something here?