Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort by Release Date

It would be nice to be able to sort a playlist by the release date of the songs.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea. You might also be interested to add your kudos to a similar idea about adding more columns to choose from in general here. 😉

eldiablo0517

I would like to see the ability to re-sort based on album release, so I can listen to a catalog in release order.  Right now it is almost always played in reverse order.

bbosmith

My radio station has Spotify playlists and I star songs.  They have annual JJJ Hottest 100 (Australia) poll for the top songs released that year.  Itt would make it soooo much easier if you could find the songs from the year taht you have starred.  Further to this it would be better if Spotify kept a running tally of how often you've played a song so you could more easily narrow down your top-10 list.

I just want the column "Release Date" to be added. I like to sort my playlists by release date and this would be of so much help

hernan1304

I think this would be incredibly useful. I'm putting together a wedding playlist and I'd love to be able to sort songs by release date so I can separate them by decade.

93melinda

Came here to say this. 

that_alex__

Yeah, I've been searching for a post about this, I can't believe more people don't want his, I have more than a couple playlists with 100+ songs and I listen to them alphabetically and in reverse alphabet by Title the most, sometimes by Artist. I would LOVE to listen to them in order from oldest to newest songs, specially since the lists range 40 years sometimes.

sicks

In putting together a classic hits of the 50s 60s and 70s playlist, I really have the need to sort by release date. I'm copying in from other playlists with a wider range of music and want to be able to easily identify and remove from my own playlist music released outside of this timeframe. As it stands, I now have to go song by song and check the release date manually to do this.

Just to add, this should be original release date, regardless of what album (best-ofs, random compilations) the track is on.

But bang on, this should definitely be an option. Sometimes I can't believe how locked down the app is!

crazytiger

Honestly, this is the thing that I wish spotify would add. Add an optional (or not), sortable column to include release year on playlists, etc. Please, please, please add this. It would better the experience so much.