Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort by Release Date

It would be nice to be able to sort a playlist by the release date of the songs.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
themattwatson

I totally agree!!  I'm also putting together a wedding play list and it would be incredibly helpful to sort by album year. Start to play some newer music as the night gets later.  Thanks!  

AzfarRaez

This is example for this idea should be:

Ideas.jpg

Ideas2.jpg

Ideas3.jpg

coolhansen

Would be a very helpful feature!

wendell78

I'd love to see the ability to sort by release date. However, I don't need release date to be an additional column. There isn't any reason we shouldn't be able to sort using the metadata without it cluttering up the playlist. Rdio enhancer was a plugin that allowed you to do a number of sorts on your playlist even if that data wasn't shown on the playlist screen. Clicking the three dots button can bring up the sort options. 

The image below shows what I'm talking about.

rdio-playlist-sort.jpg

mieras

Should be so easy... But hey why should you improve your product. People are paying. 🤑

repentsinner

I fully agree with @mieras about Spotify not needing to improve a product that people are already paying for.

Software is so hard to change, and Rdio already had this feature so why would we need it in Spotify? Le epic sigh.

scottie37205

Yes, please add a "date" or a "year released" column. It's too much of a hassle to go see the release year of an album, and spotify already has the year for each album, so would it even be that difficult to just make a column with that year? I'm not a developer or anything but it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to add something in that's already there. Thanks

cdarbro

Would love this, but the real kicker I'm looking for is sorting by ACTUAL release date. Meaning if a song came out in say, 77, but was re-pressed. re-released, or re-mastered in say, 92, I want the sorting to stll sort it by the 77 release date, rather than the album it was re-pressed on in 92. etc.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-02-22

Hey @SpaceCity we dont' have plans for this feature at the moment but we'll keep an eye here to see if this request continues to grow. Thanks for submitting your idea!

georgefontas

TOTALLY AGREE! Trying to make play listsn and songs are getting mixed into one another but want to keep them seperate by years.  SPOTIFY PLEASE HELP!