Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort by Release Date

It would be nice to be able to sort a playlist by the release date of the songs.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
lilmisspink07

This is also the one thing I wish Spotify would add pretty please!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've needed it and really wished it was there. It's a big letdown for me although I am still a big Spotify fan.

bzero

Please Spotify, make this happen! Can't believe that there isn't a feature where you can add/remove column in a playlist and sort by them...

Apple Music has it! And Tinder too!

flickety

Please add this feature!!!

Sound great indeed.

radiocat

I cannot believe this is NOT a feature?? An insane oversight for any music stacker. It surely can't be that hard given that the data already exists? It would be great if the Spotify peeps could work towards this.

azsummergirl

Have to have this. It would make my life so much better

Axiom1999

2 years old and still not added. Spotify, remember this suggestion? It'd be great!

vjrmusic

What are you waiting for Spotify?

We've been asking this for years.

vballer

Agreed, sorting by release date would be incredibly helpful!!

bopper123

I can't believe this isn't a feature. The whole point about the digital world is that it can do stuff like sort your music by release date. The data is already there.