Announcements

[Playlists] Sort by hearts/likes

The 'Liked/Hearts' column is the only column that doesn't allow itself to be sorted. 

I added a concept (the green triangle) to show what it would look like if Spotify did allow lists to be sorted by hearts:  

Sortbyhearts.png

Why is this useful? Because it allows easier curation of the playlists that you built. You can start with a playlist where all songs are liked. As you repeatedly listen to a playlist you find out that certain songs don't fit, or aren't as repeatable as you once thought they were, or you simply have heard the song enough to be dropped from the playlist.   

On your phone you then simply uncheck the heart icon (which is the easiest gesture while on the go) and then later you return to the playlist to 'clean' the playlists from unliked/unhearted songs, either by removing them or by copy and pasting the liked songs to a new playlist.  

HOWEVER, because the playlists currently do not allow the hearts column to be sorted, the user now has to trawl through the entire playlist and remove each unhearted song by hand. This is an unnecessary tedious task that a sorting function would prevent.

Updated on 2021-12-12

Hey @Ivr 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
MafeG
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-13

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-12-12

Hey @Ivr 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Zoe35

very good idea! wish this would happen already, it's so simple!!

bb982

Simple and Brilliant!  Can't believe such a basic, obvious and useful function doesn't exist. Come on Spotify!

Mcallenm

I would like a sort by liked songs within playlists to play or shuffle just liked songs. I will be looking for another service. They would at least allow that this is a very simple sort and I can’t believe that is not being done.