[Playlists] Track Number in Column

I'd highly suggest reversing the replacement of song numbers with musical note icons in albums and playlists on the web player. It's pointless and really annoying that you can no longer tell how far down a list of songs you are.

Update: this idea has been reposted here.

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
pissed_consumer

Same.  I'm already sick of how anti-user Spotify is.  They really need to step up not down.

timabacus

Yes, bring back the numbers! With long playlists, it's hard to find where you were between sessions.

Thanks

OnBoard
Regular

This! Just started l istening to a new album and I'm on the song numbe.. ..oh wait I have no idea where I am. Fire the person who had this stupid idea of notes and hire a new one. I bet the new person is twice as smart and costs less.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-12

Marked as new idea.

mcookhome

I'd love to have numbers, too. I'm using the API to create a ranked playlist, and I think it would be very useful.

ben_wren
Casual Listener

Couldn't agree more.  Extremely frustrating not knowing the track numbers of an album, and nearly impossible to navigate a long playlist without them.  No idea why anyone would remove this feature!

yuzuriha
Casual Listener

There are numbers in albums, but not in playlists. I don't get why though, doesn't make much sense to me. Would be very useful to have them.

OnBoard
Regular

@yuzuriha wrote:

There are numbers in albums, but not in playlists. I don't get why though, doesn't make much sense to me. Would be very useful to have them.

There are? Still no numbers in any of my albums. Maybe the've finally added them back and it will eventually show up here too.

yuzuriha
Casual Listener

Weird, there are in my desktop app. Maybe it depends on the version, OS, etc. But I still need them in the playlists..

OnBoard
Regular

@yuzuriha wrote:

Weird, there are in my desktop app. Maybe it depends on the version, OS, etc. But I still need them in the playlists..

Well this is about web player ;) But seems desktop app is 50% then too.