Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

Playlists monitored and edited by a select group of people (Playlist permissions)

Hello!

Recently I submitted a question, asking if it was possible for me and my brother to create a playlist that only we could manage, but one that all our friends (and possibly everyone else) could listen to. I was told that this was not possible, and that made me a tad sad, and so I decided to submit an idea instead.

It is really simple.. When you have created a playlist, you should be able to add playlist staff members.. You should be able to manage permissions for them, and let them help you create awesome playlists. This would strongly encourage people to interact more with each other through the social part of Spotify (Facebook integration etc), and help build an awesome community around playlists.

Suggestions to what permissions could be given:

• Change playlist settings (Name, publicity, description, avatar etc)
  • Manage staff members (Modify permissions for them, add new and so on)
  • Add tracks
  • Remove tracks

Thank you for considering this! If you like this idea, please click the little "KUDOS" button!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Multiple-Playlist-Authors/idi-p/201374

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Multiple-Playlist-Authors/idi-p/201374

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉

Regular

@Foldager wrote:

Hello!

Recently I submitted a question, asking if it was possible for me and my brother to create a playlist that only we could manage, but one that all our friends (and possibly everyone else) could listen to. I was told that this was not possible, and that made me a tad sad, and so I decided to submit an idea instead.

It is really simple.. When you have created a playlist, you should be able to add playlist staff members.. You should be able to manage permissions for them, and let them help you create awesome playlists. This would strongly encourage people to interact more with each other through the social part of Spotify (Facebook integration etc), and help build an awesome community around playlists.

Suggestions to what permissions could be given:

• Change playlist settings (Name, publicity, description, avatar etc)
  • Manage staff members (Modify permissions for them, add new and so on)
  • Add tracks
  • Remove tracks

Thank you for considering this! If you like this idea, please click the little "KUDOS" button!

I had not seen that one. Good to see I am not the only one thinking about this.