Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Ekkels

When I am listening to a playlist in order (not shuffled) I would like to be able to place a bookmark at the last song I listened to so that when I go back to that playlist I am able to continue listening from that point forward.

Cherdonn

This really needs to be added - I listen to podcasts only while commuting, and when I come home and would like to continue with the new songs in a playlist I have to either remember where I left off or skip towards it. This feature could be optional in menu, hidden in the settings since not a lot of people request it, but it doesnt seem like too much work to do

Darkwingduckie

I don't usually post/vote here but my frustration in losing my place when exploring playlists brought me here. I'll start a playlist, detour into specific artists, and by the time I come back, have no clue where I left off because it's been months and I am tens of artists down a rabbit hole. This feature needs to happen. 

BobbyBrown12312

I just voted for it.

Although coming from a different problem, which has been closed with "not enough votes" as well.

When you play a song on iOS and click on the playlist, you will end up on the top of the playlist rather than being directed to the song position within the playlist.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-07-18

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

RMH1
Thank you and Great news as this feature enhancement is huge

Rick
nissensp

I'm very happy that we made progress. Thank you for setting it to 'Good Suggestion'.

Patrick

nikalacy

So glad this is gaining traction! This is the number one thing I want from spotify at the moment. I am in the EXACT situation described with a 9 hour long playlist from a friend.

pfisterj

This is a great idea! Especially given the number of super long playlists forming on the platform. 

Caffeine

Well, this just happened again. I was listening to an album on my desktop computer. Then I went for a walk and listend to a podcast on my mobile phone. When I returned to my computer, Spotify switched to the podcast in the desktop app and I have no idea where I was in the album.

Spotify, this is a very useful and urgent feature! Instead of separating play and shuffle buttons, maybe you should finally implement this 10 years old feature request?