[Playstation] 5.1 Surround Sound

Make PS3 Spotify able to use ones subwoofer (it sends a 2.0 signal in an encoded 5.1 signal)

I have connected my phone to my PS3, so i didnt have to go and buy a new cable. But whenever i use your app on the ps3, i get no sound from my subwoofer. My reciver shows me, that it is reciving a full 5.1 signal, but there is no sound from my subwoofer.

I know it has nothing to do with my setup, because as soon as i play a dvd or use ps3 media server, everything works fine, heck even youtube works better..

Updated on 2017-12-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-01-20

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Boxter

same problem here. I'd also like to point out that I came across many other users who reported the same problem (example: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Is-it-possible-to-use-spotify-with...) on this forum but can't adhere to this idea since they don't necessarily know where the problem comes from. I'd say we are well above the 50 people required to make this idea count. Please consider this. Thanks

frperez2000

Is there any update on this?

Spotify shows 5.1 in my Bose, however only 2 Speakers have output. Obviously my Bose is properly set as it works perfectly other than with Spotify app.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-12-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!