[Podcast] MAJOR SECURITY ISSUES

My name is Lucas and I'm a podcast producer. 

When registering my podcast's feed through my personal Spotify account, I was not asked for any confirmation that I was in fact the producer of the podcast. When I tried registering the same feed with a different account, I was not allowed to gain access to the feed's statistics because it was already registered.

ISSUE 1: any user can gain access to any feed's statistics by simply registering it before the podcast's actual producer, blocking the actual producer from accessing the statistics.

Thus, using a nonrelated e-mail from gmail, I emailed the Spotify support team to move the feed from my personal account to a the podcast brand account. They did so in the course of two weeks, but again, they did not ask any information to confirm I was in fact the producer. They simply moved the feed from one account to the other, as asked. My personal account lost access to the feed's statistics and the brand account gained access.

ISSUE 2: any Spotify user can steal the feed's statistics access from a producer by simply asking support to move the feed to its personal account. The only information needed is the destination account and the feed link. The producer will be left without access to the statistics and without any information on why access was lost.

The way Spotify is handling podcasts is sloppy. Although the issues above do not amount to a comprehensive list, it is absurd that anyone can steal away my access to valuable information. 

Please share if you have similar concearns.

PS: how come podcast is not even listed as a category of idea labels?

Updated on 2020-01-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-05-04

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-01-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.