Podcast interface Update

When I download podcasts they all go into "your episodes" folder. In order to remove them once I listen to them I have to individually click remove from downloads on each which takes two finger taps. There should be a way to select many at a time. But that's not the worst of it. The worst part is that the episode remains in "your episodes" and you also have to remove from playlist by tapping on the check mark which brings your to another screen which you have to click on again. There are 3 finger taps here. After you remove from playlist the whole list needs to load again which can take 3-10 seconds. As you can see it takes about 15 seconds to remove each episode on the phone. I go through about 5-15 episodes a day so it takes a very very long time to update my list so I dont have to sort through tons of episodes.

I suggest a fast way to remove bulk episodes or a feature that automatically deletes episodes after you listen to them. The current interface is really an awful clunky slow setup. I'm sure there are easy ways to fix this! Please do.

Updated on 2021-10-11

Hey @Manoffthesun 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Kingsty
Visitor

Would love the ability to select more than one episode to delete at a time

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-10-11

Hey @Manoffthesun 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂