Announcements

[Podcasts] Podcast queue

Please, please, could we please have a podcast queue? Working with podcasts on Spotify is way too cumbersome, and makes many of us want to head back to iTunes, where the podcasts are easy to manage.

Updated on 2021-01-05

Thanks for confirming this!

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2021-01-04

Hey there, 

Thanks for posting your feedback here in the Community 🙂

Would you mind telling us a bit more about this and sharing one or more examples of how it would work?

This Idea suggesting the option to have multiple/separate play queues could also be interesting for you! Check it out and give it your +VOTE if it's something that resonates with what you have in mind.

Cheers!

I would love a podcast only queue! Currently the only options for continuous play for podcasts is:

Options I don't use because I can't pick the order:

a) from the Episodes tab (the order is not my control, not interested in someone else picking the order)

b) from a single show (I've never done this, not in my control)

Options I can pick the order, but are cumbersome:

c) from a playlist (I would get one use from this playlist and/or constantly have to remove listened to podcasts)

d) from the Downloads tab (which is what I end up using, even if I don't need to Download to listen. This one is particularly annoying because the order is backwards with no way to switch it to the "correct" way of first downloaded is first played!!!!)

e) from the music queue, which is sad to have to clear each time I want to switch to listening to music (and vice versa), so I end up not using it

Implementing a separate music and podcast queue would be a great improvement since I'm always looking for EITHER podcasts or music, not both

I think since podcast playlists were introduced, I will start using them for this purpose

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-01-05

Thanks for confirming this!

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!