[Podcasts] Searching for particular Podcast

when you want to find a particular podcast you listened to it's hard to remember exactly who posted it and what date it was released (you have to scroll through all podcasts to find the one you want). By allowing people to search a particual word or the title of the podcast in the search bar and it to come up (or others with such phrasing) it can help find that podcast quicker. Also this helps if you want to listen to a podcast on a certain subject. Thank you :)

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-01-19

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

tenzout

I would love this feature - spotify already displays the podcast when you search for a particular episode but having the individual episode show up would be infinitely more helpful - especially because podcasts have so many tracks/episodes to scroll through

LuzNuz

Yes! We need a way to easily get to our favorite Podcasts.  I notice you can NOT favorite Podcasts.  Also, when I try to search for a podcast using the Genre option only a handful show up and when I click on Show More it just sits there searching and nothing else comes up.  Please help!  I can not get to my regular podcast at the moment because I have no way to get to it. It does not show up in the featured podcasts. It is very frustrating. 

I use the Web Player.

jdancer123

A HUGE gap and really strange that we even have to "vote" to make this happen.  Content that's not searchable?  What year is this?

jakeolevi

This is something I need to ask for?

stinogle

+1

carlycunha

I want to listen to podcasts on Spotify but not being able to search and the "view more" function being slow i get frustrated and instantly revert to the Apple app

harm248

How is this not already a thing? It's irritating because I actually pay for spotify premium and use free apps for podcasts. Spotify should outperform free apps. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

brices21

this is literally a year old...  seriously, I can't search for a podcast?  I can't even find a few very popluar podcasts at all.  this implementation is a joke, and the speed at which you add functionality is even worse.  reminds me of why I left for a while.

Jaappleby96

This is a must! I was really happy to find podcast on my spotift app, then disappointed when I realised I couldn't search for my favourite podcasts!