[Podcasts] Sort Podcasts by Date

I would really love a podcast feed that put the episodes from all of the podcasts I subscribe to in order. It could even be a drop down with options like, newest, oldest, rating, etc... Right now we just have a screen with dozens of podcasts with no way of knowing which shows have new episodes.  

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-12-23

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
xtremegryffie

Yes!! Was going to post the same thing!

I thought they would've just done this when they added them to the desktop app?
I think this would fix my podcast problem of fifteenhundred apps between phone and laptop.

I would say this is about 100% of why I almost never use spotify for pods, and would most definitely switch to spotify for podcast listening.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-03-02

Marked as new idea.

BCrotty
Regular

It appears there is an option to sort podcasts by "recently added," however it doesn't work at all. 

Of the seven podcasts on my list, here's the supposed chronological order I see right now:
March 2

March 5
February22

February 28

March 2

March 3

March 1

This is the order, after I sort by "recently added". I think spotify should remove this option until it works because it just adds to other problems with sync and playbackof podcasts.

The "unplayed episodes" sort within a podcast also doesn't work well. Probably because each device I use shows rates of how much I've listened to different episodes, a separate unsolved issue.

MattRakes

Just wanted to add to this one. I see on the iPhone app that you can sort within a particular podcast list but not the unplayed list. This is the main reason I don’t use Spotify for podcasts. 

esloca

Please hurry up and do this. I pay monthly and I'm about to leave Spotify due to this feature that does not exist. Yet other platforms do it. 

azammmalik

It's crazy that this wasn't a feature from the start. This is the only reason I don't use Spotify for all my audio.

ponythefunk

Every podcast app I have ever used does this.  Having to click into every podcast you subscribe to in order to see if theres a new episode is kind of ridiculous.  I can never switch to Spotify until this is handled (I'm here for Joe Budden podcast only). Kind of suprising considering the volume of posts I see in here that involve not being able to see whats new. 

vntuan

Please add Unplayed Episodes section, sorted by date desc, to Windows Desktop app. It is essential for podcast consuming. Can't believe that something so basic take so long to develop. The mobile app has it!

RobberPhex
Casual Listener

Yeah, "Sort by Last Updated" is really necessary.

I just cannot imagine that Spotify haven't this function!

nitramwin
Music Fan

Ayyy another thing that should Spotify should have implemented years ago. Please just give this task to an intern, and then roll it out. Yikes. 

Again, this way of providing feedback is just not good enough in 2018. Google allows you, to provide feedback from each app and every site that they host. Whether it is to report an error or to suggest ideas, I feel like my voice is at least somewhat being taken seriously. For Spotify, I feel like I am shouting out into the ocean and most likely will never be heard. Urghhh