Portable music device for running

I have problem with current music players. Most of the music on the go is listened in smart phones. These smart phones are getting bigger and bigger on display size. At the same time music is going to monthly payment mode where you can always listen all the latest music.

I'm really happy on both of the trends at their own, but these create a problem for me when put together. I would like to listen music while running and smart phones are too big to carry with. On the other smart phones are the only platform where you can get your monthly music with you

Old iPod shuffle is by far the best music device for running ever made. There's this easy clip on, it weigths nothing and it's easy to use with single clicks. Perfect for any sports and sports wear.

Here's a challenge for some hardware product company. Create a device which can hold for example 200-500 songs from Spotify or some other monthly based music service. Create it to be small enough for small pockets in running wear. Make sure there is a large enough button to change songs when it is in the pocket. And keep it simple.

Editor comment: I posted this text first on my blog (here) and then @spotifycares guided me to tell about the idea here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
sheilasf

I have been seaching for a device like this for a year.  I am a premium spotify member and run, bike, and rock climb. Unfortunately, I can't enjoy my music fully because I'm not happy to lug a big clunky smart phone around.  I don't understand why spotify doesn't partner with someone to create this product.  I am about to make one myself, and I'll take all the money that's being left on the table.

chunacho

My old mini zune died and now my spotify on mobile phone runs the show for me, but i'm missing that highly portable music player with spotify functions.

Half a year later and nobody is still on this. Samsung galaxy media players almost got to it, but as usual, they kept getting bigger and bigger, until they realize a phone does the job...

Is every developer a lazy bum that never wishes they had their entire spotify collection while going for a run? What's going on??

willywolfie

Agreed. I need a device like this. Get on it!!

adla

Same here, been searching for a while for it now - most preferably would be one that has a simcard -slot so you can stream it directly from 3g/4g

It be most happy just to have it without a screen so the costs are as low as possible!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!