Prevent Repeats in Radio

For having all the music in the world, I get tons of repeats while listing to spotify radio.  Can we have an option to have no repeats?

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Casual Listener

2 years later (after the original post) and I am listening to a radio station playing the same songs from the same artists within about a 2 hour period.

I usually play albums I want, or playlists made up by others on shuffle, but I just started using radio, and I don't think I will be using this feature much because it really isn't a great option because it quickly becomes repetitive.

I expect to hear some of the bands repeated, but I'm getting the same songs by the same bands within a short period of < 2 hours.

Roadie

Well said!

There are several "All of Spotify" radios around-- No repeats for six months-- and perfectly randomized already . . . .

Gig Goer

This has been at the top of my list for awhile! Especially when I'm listening to a certain radio to find new music and I keep hearing repeats

Roadie

Did you try the "Daily Random"?  >> Daily Random? <<  That Radio often gives you Daily a new set of 30 tracks-- Non-Repeating.  You could organize a similar "user programming fix" among your friends to give you the unique music niche that you most like to hear.

You and your friends might even produce for all of us Daily a new set of 300 tracks-- so that you could have a Non-Repeating radio for 24 X 7 play.  Ready to get started?

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!