Prevent Windows from sleeping when Spotify Premium is playing

This seems like a simple bug fix that people have been requesting for 2 years. (Lots of requests around the interwebs).

This is only a problem in Spotify Premium. I'm assuming the ads were keeping Windows awake.

Please fix!

Updated: 2015-04-15

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Prevent-Windows-from-sleeping-when-Spotify-Premi...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

luanmm

C'mon, Spotify team! EVERY music player do it already! This is a default behaviour in desktop applications of this kind! Why the users should change the sleeping behaviour or has to use third-party apps just to achieve this?

Here is something that may help you with this (as anyone can find simple googling it):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/629240/prevent-windows-from-going-into-sleep-when-my-program-is-r...

You don't even need to be an expert developer to know how to use the Windows API and deliver this functionality.

Hope it can be seen in Spotify very soon.

wenigtelefonier

Yes please, this would be such a handy feature. And I guess, it isn't hard to code, either. If Windows Media Player can it, you can do, too :)

Volin

Why has this issue sat on the back burnder for so long?  I feel like this is the least reponsive support team I've ever heard of for such a major platform.  I love my music, but the UI problems are hard to swallow. 

pma1

This is a huge problem with Spotify on W8.  I can't see any value in using Spotify until this bug is fixed.  Is there any intent or timeline for Spotify to correct this with a new app or an option built into the existing ?????

KVA
Casual Listener

Please implement this. It's the most annoying thing to have to change the power settings every single time I use Spotify!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-04-15

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Prevent-Windows-from-sleeping-when-Spotify-Premi...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!