Private Session Should be the Default Setting and Turn OFF in 6 hours

I'm reopening this idea because 1) it drives me crazy and 2) it isn't logical and 3) the phone app and the online apps are conflicted. Because the program calls for me to choose to turn off a data spending feature every 6 hours of inactivity on this - a paid app - the default has to be changed to OFF. Logically it doesn't even make sense to me that if I don't want to share my playlists or any activity for that matter I should need and remember to go into an already not so user friendly interface app during my busy day to turn it off, I drive all over the US and often go through areas of roaming data - yes they are still out there - that data becomes very limited and requires turning off all background data type services restricting it's activity from running down my allotment I may need. I don't keep Facebook on my phone at all because of this type of constant issue. It may have started a social networking based app, but I believe that once it becomes the difference between premium and free I should have a legitmate point with this issue.

The conflict between the apps is that the system settings are not titled the same. On the online app on my computer I always hd my prefernces "privacy" setting unchecked for not sharing my activity. While on the downloaded app the path is settings/Social/Private Broadcast. I don't actually know for sure if I'm even broadcasting while I have the online pref set to off. If that's the case GREAT I can stop bothering with it. If not well then there is a programming misstep. Asside from them being named differntly between apps, the phone one is probably (? tech help) not accurate and can't communicate with the online setting. So do I need to bother with changing it everyday or not?? I don't know for sure. According to the awesome help from Lina in customer service and her personal understanding of this issue,  its the online/laptop app that takes precident. There are users that probably use the broadcasting often but I believe there is equally as many of those who do not and don't like this "feature" and the that some probably don't even know its doing it or don't care.

LOGICALLY if someone wants to share their personal interests with the community and it times out in 6 hours THEY should be the ones to go in and turn it on for a LIVE SESSION. If they leave it on and don't remember to turn it off - then Spotify does it for them. I have never intentionally shared my activity and I don't have time to start now. It is my number one aggrevation because it's a daily sometimes more, activity. A close second will be second separate idea below. And possibly my third.

Hi,

You have submitted multiple ideas in this. Please resubmit your ideas individually so it is easier to keep track of who supports what.

Anthony

Comments
Taylor
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hi,

You have submitted multiple ideas in this. Please resubmit your ideas individually so it is easier to keep track of who supports what.

Anthony