[Profile] Recently Played Artists: Bring back old Algorithm

Hi, I posted about this  about a year ago under a posted entitled: "Recently Played Artists: Bring Back Old Algorithm"

Th issue got solved but then reverted back to the annoying format which I will now describe. Recently Played Artists is taken far too literally. The old format (over a year old now)  was perfect as it genuinely showed the artists I had been listening too most of the time as well as recently. It also seemed to be ordered sensibly: top of the list  would have artists that I had listened to full albums of that and at least several times a week and ones I'd listened to less often would be lower down. However now the feature seems to have lost all sense in whatever algorithm it as switched to.
Songs I play once (and sometimes I skip them quickly) seem to give artists a place on my recently played artists. My list is now full of a bunch of random artists I have listened to very immediately but not actually spent that much time listening to. Looking through the list some of them I cannot even recall listening to and thus where on earth they came from. Although this new way of doing it is technically more accurate it makes the feature way less interesting.
On the old version of  "Recently Played Artists" I used to love seeing what would make it higher up the list as I gradually got interested in different artists etc... I also loved revisiting artists I had listened to fairly recently  but forgot about. Also looking at friends' equivalent lists was interesting and fun to chat to them about.  All in all the feature was better as the old version and the current version doesn't have much value at all, with a stupidly literal new algorithm. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE REVERT THIS CHANGE!

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke