Provide Global Song Search Icon in Mobile App

I would be great if there is an global search icon in the mobile app to start a search from every postion/screen.

It not confortable to search for a song e. g. if playing a song or if you are in radio mode (you have to go back and then open menue and then clock on search --> too many clicks!!)

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
soldier9599
Regular

Yes this drives me crazy, especially how you have to use the top left corner. My hands are huge but I still can't really reach the top left corner of the screen without using two hands. What would be great was if you could swipe to that menu at any time.

Peter__
Community Legend

Is this on iOS or android? 

On iOS you can swipe right to and hit "Search" from nearly any screen, that doesn't seem like too many steps to me. 

Peter

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.