Put the songs I've listened to (not the playlists that I've updated) on my Facebook timeline

spotify help.jpg

I like the fact that my Spotify and Facebook accounts are linked. However, I would prefer it if Facebook didn't notify my friends each time I update a playlist on Spotify.

Even when I only have 'Listened To' ticked (and have 'Playlists Created', 'Top Artists' etc. unticked), Facebook still puts each time I update a playlist on my timeline. 

spotify help2.jpg

I have been able to get around this by manually ticking 'Hidden from timeline' each time I update a playlist. But this is time consuming for me (because I update my playlists often).

Can there be a new option for 'Playlists updated' which can be either ticked or unticked? 

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Richard
Roadie

Are these playlists published or not? (RIght-click the playlist in Spotify and see if 'Publish' is checked)

I'm pretty sure that only changes made to published playlists should be displayed. You can change whether new playlists are automatically published in your Preferences.

Lorna

Hi Richard,

Yes, the playlists are published. I worded myself incorrectly. I just don't want facebook to show each time I update a playlist (whenever I add one new song). I do however want the playlists to be published. Is this possible?

kieleke
Casual Listener

"I have been able to get around this by manually ticking 'Hidden from timeline' each time I update a playlist. But this is time consuming for me (because I update my playlists often)."

-> Exactly! I don't want to publish my playlists on Facebook at all and I find it irritating that Spotify does it without my permission.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!