Queue Button Next to the Play Button

Hey guys, simple solution for lots of people i hope re. queues.

When you hover over an artist, album or playlist on the desktop version (cant recall apps) it has the single 'play' option. 

It would be helpful to have a similar button for queuing - as i expect this is a popular feature. 

The queuing works great for me, but is a bit hidden in the menu for my attempts of day to day quick use i find i often end up accidently clicking play on an album i fancy listening to next, but then that overwrites the album i was just listening to from the queue (as this was soft queued by me clicking play on the first album ).

14-04-2014 15-52-13.png

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: A similar idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-quot-Add-to-Queue-quot-Button/idi-p/128833...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

andreasgr

This is so needed!

You listen to your music and you usually want to prearrange what to play next - you dont wait for a song to finish and then find the next song and press play

voldemarz
Music Fan

It's really surprising for me how annoyingly inconvenient it is to control what exactly is in the queue. Many of artists have "special" remix albums, soundtracks etc in the list which are completely different from typical given artist's albums and doesn't fit the mood and I usually try to avoid those. In those cases I have to hand-queue albums (right click -> queue) to avoid the "special" ones which is really annoying. Same applies when I want to queue just 5 out of 10 total albums.

So having "Queue" shortcut button deffinitey would help. Also "Unqueue" for queued albums would be nice, but I guess that is not going to happen.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: A similar idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-quot-Add-to-Queue-quot-Button/idi-p/128833...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas