Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
It isn't even a brilliant feature just so basic ALL the other services have
it but Spotify are too arrogant to listen to such a basic need.
beetle5

I'm afraid rustybowow has a point - there have been thousands of people requesting this feature and it is so easy to implement, but I feel we have been still being ignored since their response in 2018 that said that it is not so important...

That is what is so insane they already have a queue system so popping one
at the start of the stack should be no difficulty at all. I am a software
dev so I know how simple this is to achieve along with many other small
requests. **bleep** give me the code and I will do it for you.
reubster

People - don't forget to vote for it at the top if you haven't. The more people that vote, the more likely Spotify are to reconsider. 

selicos
In under 2 weeks this request will be 9 years old.

Time to find a streaming service that cares about it's user base or at
least offers basic queue system functionality.
Vanyo

A "Play This Next" instead of "add to the bottom of the queue" feature would be super interesting and does not sound complicated to implement.

It would be very simple they just aren't interested in music any more
orphanpog

@rustybowow you might be right.  It's certainly almost as if they care more about the proprietary experience of users' listening activities than the essentials of the services they claim to provide.

ryanyaskow

This feels like such a basic operation for queue functionality - quite frustrating to still see it as "Not Right Now".

Hoping that if we drum up enough attention we can get the team to take a look at this again!

GuidoF

We might not have the resources to take out a font page ad in the New York Times or Wall Street Journal, but could we mount a viral campaign to shame Spotify into implementing functionality which, anywhere else, would be considered a bugfix? (Seriously -- If any of you know influential YouTube channels, Twitter influencers, TikTok people - this could be mutually beneficial in terms of getting more views, promoting a good cause, and reducing the suffering of trillions of reluctant Spotify users who are ready to switch to another service at the drop of a hat.