Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
reyquito

It's been ten years since this idea was first submitted to the group. Wouldn't it be nice to reconsider it? This feature is a must.

Kawaily

Too bad they wouldn't take this idea... I am happy with adding things to queue but sometimes I just need this "add to next" feature.

bezoomny2000

How hard can it be Spotify?  Why is Spotify so resistant to change?

jonathansussman1

This is so necessary… one of the BIGGEST if not the biggest edge that Apple Music has over Spotify.

eedeedoubleuaearedee

Bizarre this feature still hasn´t been included. Considering switching to Apple Music...

chrispau

It's really a pain in the a$$ when trying to DJing during parties.

Let's say you have created a playlist, you would like to include a song just next to the current one while playing, you have to add it to the queue, go in the queue and move the song all the way up to be the next one.

it's unbelievable.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, maybe I use it in a wrong way, but defintely it's way easier with Apple Music. Or Deezer. Or many other online music services....

pointingfinger

I’m once again a Spotify user, it’s been a long time since I left. I just went to queue up another album to my playing now list and of course it dropped itself right in the middle of the album I was playing. Not at all useful. So I cleared the list, opened the album I was listening to and resumed it where I’d left off.

I guess I’ll put up with it for now but only because I like Spotify’s playlists over the competition.

Consider this an up-vote to selectively add a song, album or playlist as either next to play or to the end of the queue

Landen13

Such a shame this still isn't a thing...

Dian
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

user_y

Like the asinine design of the Spotify app's grid view, there is no ux or function to add an album or playlist TO THE END of the current 'playing' playlist.

It is now 2023, and unicorn UX design like that of Spotify's has largely gone the way of the unicorn. Except of course in the case of Spotify.